New to TalentEgg?REGISTER FOR FREE
The Service Technician is primarily responsible for evaluating and diagnosing causes for breakages, repairing hydraulic components.
- Complete dismantle and inspection of components, as well as complete a comprehensive service report with accurate measurements related to these components.
- Build, repair, service, and troubleshoot various hydraulic components.
- Tests rebuild components or systems to acceptable results.
- Always maintain cleanliness of shop and work area to ensure the maintenance of a safe work environment, performing various cleaning and maintenance duties as required
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Additional responsibilities, as requested.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Mechanics, Hydraulics, Millwright, or equivalent experience.
• Fluid Power Training, an asset.
• Basic machining knowledge required (e.g., lathe, milling machine).
• Fabrication experience and basic electrical knowledge considered an asset.
• Strong working knowledge of heavy-duty tools and equipment.
• Must be mechanically inclined with a good learning capacity.
• The ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
• Service and team orientation.
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas - to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.”
- Competitive health and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility (100% employer paid premiums), plus health spending account.
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program, pet insurance, footwear & workwear, fitness membership, perkopolis, and more.
- Recognition program where points are earned for merchandise or gift certificates, plus cash awards.
- Flexible work arrangements.
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.