Technical Consultant I - Junior Reclamation /Soil Scientist - CAL01GO
This position is a full-time placement based in our Edmonton, Alberta office.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Assist with soil surveys for Pre-Disturbance Assessments and soil salvage activities.
· Complete reclamation planning, earthworks, monitoring, Detailed Site Assessments and reclamation applications.
· Participate in Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments for contaminated sites, including drilling, borehole logging, soil sampling and groundwater monitoring programs.
· Provide input into planning of programs based on gained knowledge and experience.
· Assist Project Managers in all aspects of environmental project execution.
· Coordinate the procurement of project supplies and supervise contractor services.
· On-site safety supervision and associated documentation.
· Travel as required for various field programs.
· Prepare technical reports.
· Technical Diploma, B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree from an accredited institution in the disciplines of Soil Science, Agriculture, Biology, Ecology or Environmental Science.
· New graduate (<1) to 5 years of practical experience.
· Class 5 driver’s licence. Experience driving ARGOs, pick-up trucks and towing is an asset.
· Ability to work challenging and extended hours in the field under varying weather and remote conditions.
· Excellent organizational, technical writing and communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team setting.
· Able to demonstrate a passion to advance knowledge of plant, soil and landscape interations.
· Vegetation field survey experience, including species identification and ecosite classification is an asset.
· Working towards, or already a member of, a professional organization (e.g. Technologist or Professional) such as the Alberta Insitute of Agrologists, Alberta Society of Professional Biologists or College of Alberta Professional Foresters.
Advisian (part of the Worley organization) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects in locations all over the globe.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley organization) is an equal opportunity employer.