2024 Restaurant Cash Management Accounting Summer International Intern
Chick-fil-A is in the business of serving our guests great food and remarkable service. Family-owned and privately held, our company and our local independent franchised Operators are devoted to serving the local communities in which we operate, while offering great-tasting food made with quality ingredients — including the Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich. Today, Chick-fil-A restaurants serve millions of guests every year, in more than 2,900 locations in 48 states, Washington, D.C., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
As an International Intern at Chick-fil-A, you will contribute to our growth through challenging and meaningful work. You will build cross-cultural competency as you work on impactful projects, immerse yourself in our unique culture, and experience the city of Atlanta. Under the guidance of an intern coach, our interns build their personal leadership brand while gaining accounting experience and developing key skills necessary for a successful career.
Because the Accounting internship requires specific skills, we utilize an Accounting Test as an objective tool to assess a candidate’s knowledge of basic accounting principles. If you continue past our initial review, you will be asked to complete this test. To be considered in our priority applicant pool, it’s important that you schedule and complete this assessment as soon as possible.
This is an 11 week position at Chick-fil-A’s Support Center in Atlanta, with an anticipated start date in May 2024.
Our Flexible Future model offers a healthy mix of working in person and virtually, strengthening key elements of the Chick-fil-A culture by fostering collaboration and community.
- Develop a general understanding of the Restaurant's monthly cash cycle and a high-level overview of the accounting systems utilized for cash management
- Gain exposure to Restaurant Cash Management and Payroll Services analytical strategies that support the overall business
- Assist with daily deposit reconciliation and verification for all incoming and outgoing payments
- Assist with monthly general ledger, payroll and vendor check research
- Gain experience in using analytical tools to perform research and data analysis
- Interpret results and formulate recommendations on projects/team processes for continuous improvement
- Report on project outcomes to stakeholders across the organization
- Grow personally and professionally in a learning centered culture
- Undergraduate junior or senior returning to school Fall 2024 majoring in Accounting, Finance or other related major
- Strong academic track record proven with GPA minimum of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership
- Must pass Chick-fil-A accounting test
- Experience in Tableau or Alteryx
- Experience with process improvement
Accounting, Finance, or related field