2024 Design Coordinator Summer International Intern
Chick-fil-A is in the business of serving our guests great food and remarkable service. Family-owned and privately held, our company and our local independent franchised Operators are devoted to serving the local communities in which we operate, while offering great-tasting food made with quality ingredients — including the Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich. Today, Chick-fil-A restaurants serve millions of guests every year, in more than 2,900 locations in 48 states, Washington, D.C., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
As an International Intern at Chick-fil-A, you will contribute to our growth through challenging and meaningful work. You will build cross-cultural competency as you work on impactful projects, immerse yourself in our unique culture, and experience the city of Atlanta.
This is an 11 week position at Chick-fil-A’s Support Center in Atlanta, with an anticipated start date in May 2024.
Our Flexible Future model offers a healthy mix of working in person and virtually, strengthening key elements of the Chick-fil-A culture by fostering collaboration and community.
The Design team within Restaurant Development is made up of architects, designers, engineers and other subject matter experts providing planning, design direction and innovations for our physical restaurants. Internationally, this includes adaptations to our domestic design program, process and pipeline strategy. We work with various internal and external stakeholders throughout the business to provide “Destinations that Delight”. The International Design Summer Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Help raise internal staff awareness of the international program and resources available
- Assist in creating and organizing existing deliverables that will provide an overview of the international design program including but not limited to Microsoft SharePoint pages; powerpoint slides; image organization and tagging; printed material for poster-sized graphics and written program descriptions
- Prepare agenda and schedule alignment meetings to collaborate with other subject matter experts; take detailed notes for task management and action items; follow up on action items and ensure progress
- Help secure physical samples such as furniture and finish material materials
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, create presentation agenda, compile and guide creation of content for an engaging presentation considering slides, physical samples as well as opportunities for interactivity
- Undergraduate junior or senior returning to school Fall 2024 majoring in Architectural Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communication (with an interest in design), or related major
- Communication, Storytelling, Microsoft suite including Powerpoint & SharePoint
- Ability to research and synthesize existing content to help develop a compelling visual story
- Understand and help achieve the goals effectively, beyond just task completion
- Demonstrated interest and familiarity with design
- Database mindset or experience with knowledge management
- Demonstrated creative problem solving, leadership, and strong storytelling/ communication skills through class projects, jobs, clubs, and/or internships
Architectural Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communication or related major