Candidate Showcase Contest
COMPLETE YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST
Summer is almost over and campus recruitment season will soon begin! Make sure you’re job-hunt ready by uploading your resume and recording a short video intro for employers on TalentEgg’s Candidate Video Showcase platform.
You’ll be automatically entered to win a $500 Visa Gift Card to celebrate the last few weeks of summer.
ENTER OUR CONTEST TO WIN. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:
That’s it. Get Crackin’ and enter now! Contest ends August 16, 2019 11:59 PM (EST)
OFFICIAL TALENTEGG CANDIDATE SHOWCASE CONTEST SUMMER BUCKET LIST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (OR 16 YEARS OLD WITH PARENTAL OR LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT), AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering this contest, (the "Contest") entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the TalentEgg regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
- CONTEST PERIOD. Contest begins August 12, 2019 at 9:00AM Eastern time ("ET") and ends August 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Entry Period").
- ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least 18 years old, or who are at least 16 years old and able to provide a parent or legal guardian’s consent to take part in this contest, as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, and employees of TalentEgg Inc. (“TalentEgg” as defined herein), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and their immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse). It is also void outside Canada and where prohibited (for example, in Quebec). Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules.
HOW TO ENTER. During the Entry Period, when the Candidate Showcase Contest Summer Bucket List begins the participant must sign up to be (or already be) a TalentEgg user, upload their resume and video introduction on the TalentEgg Candidate Showcase platform. Once this is completed, the participant will be automatically entered into a draw to win a $500 Visa Gift Card. Only one submission per participant.
WINNER SELECTION; NOTIFICATION. TalentEgg shall randomly select one Grand Prize Winner based on a randomized selection. The decision of TalentEgg is final. The potential winner will be contacted via phone and email via a TalentEgg employee email address. The potential winner will have 24 hours from the time TalentEgg sends the notification to potential winner to respond. If there is no response by the deadline, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected. The alternate winner will then have one 24 hours from the time TalentEgg sends the notification. If there is no response by the deadline, TalentEgg will continue the above process until a winner is confirmed. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the official "Winner" of the Contest. Winner may be required to provide their full name, mailing address, and age.
In order to be declared a winner by random selection, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Rules and, in particular, the following:
- The potential winner must correctly answer, within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by a TalentEgg representative by telephone.
The potential winner must complete, sign and return a standard form declaration and release prepared by TalentEgg within five (5) business days from the date on which the form is sent to the potential winner. If the potential winner fails to return a completed declaration and release to TalentEgg within the deadline, such potential winner shall be deemed to have automatically forfeited his/her right to claim the prize, and TalentEgg shall have the right to randomly select (an)other potential winner(s).
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with the Official Rules, the TalentEgg reserves the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until an official Winner is finally declared.
The official Winner will be announced on www.facebook.com/TalentEgg as soon as a final Winner is determined, whichever is later. TalentEgg will post the Winner's name. Any individual who, at the sole determination of TalentEgg, abuses the entry process in any way will be disqualified. TalentEgg is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $500 Visa Gift Card to spend. The prize will be in Canadian dollars and sent to the winner. TalentEgg is not responsible for lost or stolen or misdirected delivery of prize money.
- TAXES. All federal, provincial and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All information provided ("Submission") becomes the property of the TalentEgg and will not be acknowledged or returned, and entry into this Contest constitutes entrant's irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, adapt, enhance, or publish such Submission (in an aggregated and anonymized form) for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by TalentEgg and/or others authorized by TalentEgg, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable, assignable. No substitutions for prize.
- CONSENT, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. By completing the submission and automatically entering the draw, each entrant releases and discharges TalentEgg, CharityVillage, Bmeaningful, any judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "TalentEgg Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest and/or acceptance, possession and/or use of prizes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any potential winner, including without limitation the official Winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner or the Winner for editorial, promotion, advertising and publicity purposes by TalentEgg and/or others authorized by TalentEgg; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner and/or the Winner of the TalentEgg Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; and (iii) any potential winner, including but not limited to the Winner, may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) calendar days from the date that TalentEgg first tries to notify the potential winner.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at TalentEgg's servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address; (ii) TalentEgg, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the TalentEgg’s website. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of TalentEgg; (iii) TalentEgg further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort; (iv) TalentEgg Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) TALENTEGG ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE TALENTEGG WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TALENTEGG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a provincial or federal court located in Toronto, Ontario. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the province on Ontario and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the province of Ontario. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- TALENTEGG. This Contest is owned and operated by TalentEgg Inc, 172 King Street East, Suite 300 Toronto, ON, M5A 1J3, TalentEgg Inc.
TIPS ON RECORDING YOUR BEST VIDEO PITCH, EVER.
Dress for Success
Your profile video is likely going to be the first time an employer is going to see you, so it’s crucial that you dress well to make a memorable and positive first impression. Wear something professional that you would wear to a real job interview – nothing too revealing, wrinkled or dirty.
Make Your Background Look Professional
Sure, recruiters don’t expect you to record from a professional studio, but your surroundings say as much about you as your own appearance does. Recording in a messy room makes you look disorganized and unprofessional, so make sure to keep that background looking as good as you do!
Lighting is KEY
Good lighting goes a long way in making sure your video quality stands out in a positive light (pun intended). While we don’t expect you to go out and buy professional lighting kits, small tweaks can go along way. In most cases, natural light (coming from a window) works best!
Rehearse Your Script
Preparing a script is a great way to avoid looking like you’re winging it. Plus, you want to make sure you know the points you really want to convey in less than 2 minutes. Pro Tip: Don’t just read off your resume! The whole point is to give employers a better idea of who you are beyond your CV. Read through your script a couple of times before you get started to avoid any slips of the tongue, and memorize key points you want to get across. Avoid glancing at your script - this may take a bit of practice, but you’ll get it!
Watch For Your Little Habits
Just because you can record a video pitch from the comfort of your own home doesn’t mean you should get TOO comfortable. Often times when you are very focused on a task (such as remembering your script) you may find yourself performing little ticks without realizing (i.e. foot tapping, leg shaking, darting your eyes back-and-forth). They can make you look nervous and unsure if noticed by a recruiter.
Remember WHY You’re Doing This!
Remember to think about the goals you want to achieve through this platform (hello, letting employers come to you!), and how egg-cited you are to start in a new position. It’s easy to see when someone is passionate about what they’re talking about, and that passion will make you stand out from other candidates!