One of the best ways to get your insurance career questions answered is during an Office Hours session with Career Connections.
Office Hours is an hour-long live online chat with expert guests. It’s an egg-cellent opportunity to interact with industry professionals and get answers to your career questions! Career Connections is all about providing top information for students and grads – so naturally, they are some of TalentEgg’s most regular guest experts.
For those of you looking to make the most of the next Career Connections Office Hours session, we’ve put together some simple steps you can take to prepare.
What is Career Connections?
Career Connections is a career awareness program aimed at encouraging young adults and career seekers to pursue a career in the insurance industry. Additionally, Career Connections works to educate people about the insurance industry and its role in society.
As a specialist in property and casualty insurance, Career Connections wants to provide a pathway for you to join the workforce of over 110,000 ambassadors working diverse and exciting jobs.
What are the best ways to prepare for Office Hours with Career Connections?
Get the most out of your Office Hours experience by following TalentEgg’s tips:
- Submit your questions in advance
- Do some research on the Career Connections
- Use your full name or Twitter handle to log into the chat
- Submit thoughtful questions that will encourage discussion
- Check your spelling and grammar before you submit your questions
How do I develop a good question for an insurance professional?
Starting a list of questions to ask an insurance professional is as easy as asking yourself exactly what you want to know. Too many options? Try these topics to start with:
- Where did you go to school?
- Did you have to take any specific program to get a foundation for insurance?
- Were you good at any subjects in particular that led you to exploring a career in insurance?
- What kinds of degrees do insurance recruiters look out for?
Licensing and additional qualifications
- Do you need a license to work in insurance?
- Do you have, or are you working towards any insurance designations?
The insurance industry
- Why is working in insurance a good career choice?
- What’s the most valuable part of working in insurance?
- What’s the hardest part of working in insurance?
- How does insurance compare to other industries where you need similar skills to succeed?
- What makes a successful insurance professional?
- What kind of experience do you need to get an entry-level job in insurance?
- What does the interview process look like for a career in the insurance industry?
- Any tips for making a good impression on an insurance recruiter?
Where’s the best place to start when researching insurance?
Aside from checking out the Career Connections info page, look at their Frequently Asked Questions page. From there, you can get a start on reading up on the insurance industry – the more you know, the more in-depth questions you’ll be able to ask and the more you’ll get out of Office Hours!