On Wednesday, March 20, we hosted our Retail Week Twitter chat using the hashtag #TEretail and, by all accounts, it was a huge success.
95 individual Twitter accounts joined us, generating more than 400 tweets with the hashtag #TEretail, reaching 109,131 accounts and resulting in over 1.2 million impressions. Wow!
We can’t thank everyone enough for joining us on Wednesday, especially the employers that took time out of their busy schedules to answer questions and share insight about retail careers at their companies: RBC, TJX Canada, Starbucks, Target and more!
400+ tweets are a lot to read if you missed the chat, or even just parts of it, so we’ve curated the essentials for you below, covering topics that include:
- Why retail?
- Job opportunities and career paths in retail
- Do you need a strong online presence to hatch your career in retail?
- Behind the scenes at top retail employers
- Advice for students hatching careers in retail
- Recommended retail reading
Photo credit: Roberta Cortese