You prepared for the interview, didn’t you?
So why not take it to the next level. You can never be too prepared.
Here are a few tips on how to get a head start:
1. Put together an internship toolkit
Grab a binder and fill it with the following:
- Information about the company: mission statement, services, bios, etc.
- A company-specific media list (create one on Media Net Central) to start becoming familiar with key journalists
- Client list: info on the company’s major accounts and even case studies
- A copy of your internship guidelines and duties from the employer and your internship co-ordinator
Then, go through your school binders and pick out good samples of the following:
2. Make a list of Canadian Press style rules to keep with you
If you’re not sure what the style rule for something is, refer to Tip #3…
3. Ask questions!
Crowd-source for answers.
4. Invest in a professional and comfortable pair of shoes
Not sure which shoes to buy and wear to work? Check out this article for help: What Shoes Should You Wear? Tips From An Image Expert
What did you do to prepare for your internship?