TalentEgg hosted a seminar at Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Management on Mar. 24, 2010, to give first-year retail management students the opportunity to interact with recruiting managers from some of Canada’s top retail employers.
On hand to answer students’ questions were June Doyle-MacLean, Manager of National Field Recruiting for Reitmans (Canada) Ltd., Erin Marsden, Group Recruiting Manager for Enterprise, and Kristen MacLellan, Regional Recruitment Manager at Starbucks Coffee Canada.
What can a candidate do to stand out during an interview?
Erin from Enterprise says:
- The key is to make the best first impression possible
- Your resumé and application gets your foot in the door and is your introduction
- Keep your resumé clear, concise and job related
- If applying for multiple fields, have multiple resumés
June from Reitmans says:
- It’s important to show your interest in the company
- Demonstrate initiative and get involved
- Understand the company and their brands
Check out the other videos from this seminar at Ryerson:
Student And Entry Level Jobs At Starbucks, Enterprise and Reitmans
What Makes A Candidate Stand Our During The Hiring Process?
Does Your Online Presence Make You More Or Less Employable In Retail?
How To Fill Out Online Applications For Retail Jobs