TalentEgg hosted a seminar at Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Management on Mar. 24, 2010, to give first-year retail management students the opportunity to interact with recruiting managers from some of Canada’s top retail employers.
On hand to answer students’ questions were June Doyle-MacLean, Manager of National Field Recruiting for Reitmans (Canada) Ltd., Erin Marsden, Group Recruiting Manager for Entreprise, and Kristen MacLellan, Regional Recruitment Manager at Starbucks Coffee Canada.
Do you look up potential candidates online?
Erin from Enterprise says:
- She does look up her candidates online
- When candidates have an online profile, she’s interested in checking them out
June from Reitmans says:
- She doesn’t search candidates on Facebook but she does look them up on LinkedIn
- The business professional style of LinkedIn gives her a better idea of the candidate
Kristen from Starbucks says:
- It’s important to respect the information that the candidate has supplied on their application
- There is a personal side to everyone’s life that differs from their work persona
Check out the other videos from this seminar at Ryerson:
Student And Entry Level Jobs At Starbucks, Enterprise and Reitmans
What Makes A Candidate Stand Our During The Hiring Process?
How To Fill Out Online Applications For Retail Jobs
How To Stand Out In An Interview For A Retail Job