As you navigate your life as a student through a multitude of courses, majors, minors, assignments and group projects, you are often left with so many options it can sometimes prove challenging to define one clear direction.
The business world offers so many paths for graduates, defining one can be a major dilemma.
A career fast track:
If you are that individual looking for a diverse career path then Sun Life Financial might just be the right fit for you.
The Bright Leaders program allows new graduates an opportunity to rotate and progress through different roles within the organization over a three year period. The aim is to offer a through understanding of the business and help you assess and define your own career goals.
The valuable contribution you can make to Sun Life, the financial services industry and your own success make this an excellent partnership. Ultimately it is an opportunity for the organization to build future talent into productive and engaging leaders.
The question is, of course, “What exactly will I be doing at Sun Life?” Well, the career paths are quite diverse, allowing you time to determine areas of interest and strength through hands-on business experience.
Rotational assignments include:
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Customer Relations and Service
How does all this work for me?
As a graduate, you expect to put your education and experience to work right away and make a meaningful contribution from day one. However, this program will not simply throw you into the deep end of each assignment and hope you can swim!
Each will have the following development activities:
- Challenging job rotations: providing broad exposure to the business
- Accelerated business curriculum: including real time, face to face and virtual classroom sessions featuring senior leaders as faculty
- Exciting team projects: to enhance your learning and hone your skills on real business issues.
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with Sun Life Financial business leaders
- Ongoing performance feedback to help you assess your strengths and define development needs.
Experience Sun Life Financial:
Sun Life Financial has grown from its roots in Canada to become a leading global financial institution operating in 22 countries with more than 29,000 people. The business focuses on wealth management, group retirement plans, group life and health insurance, or personal life and health insurance.
Sun Life is a dynamic place to work with a collaborative and supportive environment that strongly encourages career mobility through local and global opportunities through expose to international business via operations in key world markets.
Are you ready for a bright future?
You are a business or commerce student looking for an interesting and diverse career. You know you can tick off those boxes under “key qualities or personal attributes” that all employers ask for. So why not take the time to come and meet us on campus during 2010. This is your chance to assess if Sun Life is the right fit for you.
- 2011 Bright Leaders program currently offers opportunities in Toronto and Waterloo
- Applications can be submitted via our career site in September 2010
- Sun Life will be at select campuses throughout 2010 to promote and discuss the Bright Leaders program (details will be posted via TalentEgg and campus career services)
Visit us at www.sunlife.ca
This editorial feature is sponsored by Sun Life Financial