RFP Entrepreneurship Curriculum Developer
RFP. Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development Consultant.
Timeline; Jan 2019 to May 2019
YES is the Employment Champion for Youth.
Established in 1968, YES has the experience and expertise to deliver programs and services helping youth find a job or start a business. Specializing in career counseling and job placement YES is 85% successful in finding jobs, training, and education or business outcomes for youth.
YES opened Canada’s first youth business incubator in 1986 and we have assisted thousands of youth launch a successful business through programs such as Summer Company, BizStart, HSBC Ask a Business Consultant and Passion for Fashion. We have a set of entrepreneurship curriculum. We want a consultant to work on building on that set of curriculum and potentially develop new curriculum for our young entrepreneurs.
- An experienced professional with a good knowledge of entrepreneurship programming and curriculum development for at risk and vulnerable youth.
- Work with the YOD program manager to ensure all deliverables are met on time.
- Someone passionate about entrepreneurship as an option.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders’- youth, program staff, business experts, academia to gather feedback, best practices
YES will design, develop and thoroughly test a set of specialized set of curriculum taking key learning’s and best practices from our signature program BizStart. We will take the current curriculum and update it, test it and re-design it into a package that can be disseminated. It will include a minimum of 6 modules, with PP presentations, learning guides and a facilitator guide. We will design it with input from our program experts as well as input from the youth in the program. Topics may include; registering your business, checklists and guides for starting a business, writing your business plan, grants and financing, marketing and sales, using technology in business, and business growth.
This curriculum will then be disseminated to our partner agencies and made available for download on our website by the close of Year two.
YES will also utilize the curriculum internally by embedding it throughout all of our entrepreneurship programs and we anticipate sharing this with a minimum of 80 youth.
- Review current curriculum and create new curriculum building on this and ensuring new curriculum is best in class considering best approaches and practices
- Assist with focus groups and surveys to gather data
- Develop a minimum of 6 modules (online and print) in areas such as business planning, using social media for sales, marketing, finances, etc..
- Ensure the format is youth friendly, engaging, easily understood, fun and informative
- Assist with dissemination plan
Value of Contract $20,000 (maximum inclusive of all costs/ taxes etc.)
To apply: Send a one/two page brief outlining experience and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 30th 2018
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com