Principal Piping Design Lead
Worley is currently seeking a Lead Piping Designer with experience working in an office and field environment. Position is available in Sarnia, Ontario. Experience 15-20 years maximum
This position involves the design and drafting of 3D CAD based equipment and piping for the energy, oil, gas and petrochemical industry facility projects independently or with assigned designers and drafters, including those located in remote offices and high value engineering centers
As required, you will be conducting field investigations in order to review and identify design deliverable gaps against site conditions and produce quality piping deliverables including but not limited to plot plans, plan views and sections, isometric drawings and layouts.
- Preparation of design drawings and documentation, including line and material lists using project specifications in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures
- Planning and scheduling of design tasks associated with assigned project or area
- Fully understanding the project scope of work and identifying potential changes utilizing the project change control process
- Understanding of construction work packaging requirements and organizing construction documentation to support construction and commissioning.
- Advising the Discipline Lead and Project Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays, and adverse problems
- Full understanding of the use of requisitions and the role of materials management and support of technical requirements for purchase orders and subcontracts
- Maintaining the 3D model environment, including the creation and maintenance of electronic piping material specifications
- Facilitating and navigating 3D model reviews, both internal and client
- Coordinating work between various disciplines and interdisciplinary checking
- Checking work of, and assist in training of, less experienced design personnel.
What You Will Bring:
- Must demonstrate an excellent safety-oriented mindset.
- Must have a proven safety record.
- Must have valid driving license
- Technical school graduate with specific discipline training.
- Minimum of 15 years of design experience in petrochemical/hydrocarbons environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Refinery site experience is a must.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a project or area piping design lead role responsible for the work of 5 or more designers in a home office environment.
- Proficiency in 3D design Bentley Auto Plant, Cadworx., Navisworks, AutoCAD, and Laser scanning software. Aveva E3D experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills; maintain good interaction between clients and team members.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.