Worley is currently seeking an Intermediate Piping Designer with experience working in an office and field environment. Position is available in Sarnia, Ontario. Experience 8-12 years maximum
As a project team member, you will be working in the main office and will conduct field investigations as needed to review and verify existing mark ups gaps against site conditions. You will create new/update piping deliverables such as plot plans, plans and sections, P&IDs, isometrics, and other documents. You are also expected to use your 3D design skills to assist with execution of projects as required. You are expected to strictly adhere to all safety rules, standards, and regulations for both the client and Worley.
- Produce design drawings from reference information including rough sketches, notes, vendor drawings.
- Complete piping design following client and company standards as well as applicable codes
- Schedule the work to complete design documents that both satisfy project scope and project schedule/cost. Ensure project progress reports are updated weekly.
- Collaborate with other members of the project team to ensure all project requirements are met.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure that the piping design reflects the current information from all departments and that all departments have the latest piping design information.
- Keep Piping Lead informed of project status and challenges.
- Perform other duties as assigned in an efficient manner.
What You Will Bring:
- Must demonstrate an excellent safety-oriented mindset.
- Technical school graduate with piping discipline training
- MS Office (Excel and Word) knowledge required.
- Refinery site experience in is bonus not a must.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD drafting.
- 3D design skills (preferably in Bentley Auto Plant, Cadworx) PDMS/Aveva E3D software experience is a plus
- Able to work independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills; maintain good interaction between clients and team members.
- Must be Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.
- Must have valid driving license
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.