New Graduate Mechanical Engineer
This is an entry-level position for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to primarily support the Energy, Chemicals and Resources sectors, with secondary opportunities to explore nuclear and new energy.
As part of the Worley Graduate Community and under supervision and mentorship within the perspective engineering departments, you will assist in the delivery of engineering services to Worley and our customers in some or all the following activities:
- Deliver engineering services that meet Worley, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Contribute to appropriate studies, analyses, and recommend actions;
- Assist with and contribute to the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations, and reports.
- Services will specifically include, but not be limited to, equipment sizing, development of datasheets and specifications, evaluation for purchase, vendor drawing review, material/quantity take-offs, and code review.
- Communicate effectively with the Civil, Structural, Architectural Mechanical, or Electrical, engineering teams, and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance if required.
- Participate in internal review meetings.
- Other duties as directed by supervisory personnel.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- May have Co-op/ Internship experience in an engineering environment.
- Technical and practical mechanical engineering skills
- Knowledge of the fundamental requirements of engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Developing skills in mechanical engineering-specific software.
- Some skills in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Non-technical skills and experience:
- Experience working remotely and with larger teams.
- Experience with productivity tools and planners.
- Pro-active nature.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in written and spoken communications.
- Aptitude to learn quickly.
- Leadership skills and qualities
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
A recognized and relevant engineering degree or equivalent that will lead to registration as a professional Engineer in the province of Ontario.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.