New Graduate Junior Environmental Technologist
Junior Environmental Technologist
Advisian, Worley Group
Liability Management, Decommissioning & Restoration Service Line
Advisian – the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution.
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change, is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn’t just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage. It’s all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We’re developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification, and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems are global and so are we.
Who we are:
- Advanced Analysis
- Asset Advisory
- Decommissioning and Restoration
- Energy Transition and Sustainability
- Environment and Society
- Market Services
- Safety Consulting
- Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world’s pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world’s critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group’s ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won’t solve today’s problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future – welcome to our growing team!
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley with more than 2,000 people in 23 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Infrastructure, Hydrocarbons, Mining Minerals & Metals, Power and, Refining & Chemicals industries. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which allows us to manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
This is a full-time position located in the Greater Toronto Area.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Execute and assist in field programs with site visits, test pitting, borehole drilling, monitoring well installation, and soil/groundwater monitoring and sampling;
- Groundwater and surface water monitoring;
- Assisting Project Managers in project execution and perform tasks as requested efficiently and accurately, using standard methods and techniques;
- Potable water sampling;
- Tracking, recording and reporting of field activities;â€¯
- Plan and coordinate the procurement of project supplies and contractor services;â€¯
- Act as on-site health and safety supervisor during field programs, providing oversight of contractors;â€¯
- Report preparation including writing, compiling supporting documentation and data checking and;
- Travel as required for various field programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited institution, plus appropriate continuing education;
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team ;
- 0-3 years of field experience;
- Class G driver’s licence with access to a vehicle;
- Previous environmental consulting experience is considered an asset;
- Ability to work challenging and potentially extended hours under varying weather conditions; and,
- Working toward professional designation/certification or recently certified.
Advisian (part of the Worley organization) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects in locations all over the globe.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley organization) is an equal opportunity employer.