New Graduate Environmental Economist - CAL01G1
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world’s pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world’s critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group’s ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won’t solve today’s problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future – welcome to our growing team!
We are hiring a New Graduate – Environmental Economist to join our dynamic and diverse team and be central to our growth strategy.
What we offer you:
Advisian is seeking a New Graduate Environmental Economist to work within our Decarbonization & Sustainability Advisory practice. The candidate will be a key member of the team providing economic and strategic consulting services across a broad range of industries (oil, gas, refining, petrochemicals, power, utilities, renewables, and new energy) and financial sectors.
This position reports to the Americas Lead, Decarbonization & Sustainability Advisory. The successful candidate demonstrates competence in bringing Decarbonization and Sustainability considerations to all areas including Asset Strategy, General Market and Corporate Advisory, Feasibility Assessment, Decision and Economic Modelling.
The role provides opportunities to tailor bespoke services to suit a diverse set of clients, working to deliver services, participating in business development and to be a key member of the Practice
· Work with Advisian Service Lines to provide low-carbon consulting services to clients across all phases of an engagement including: strategic and corporate advisory, due diligence engagements, option and feasibility assessments, asset reviews and benchmarking, gap analysis, business case development, solution identification, justification, prioritisation, ranking, implementation and close out
· Ability to work under time critical engagements
· Comfortable multitasking and managing multiple responsibilities; and
· Team-focused attitude
Your role will include assisting the team with the following:
· Economic / decision modelling, ISO compliant life cycle analysis (LCA) modelling, and carbon policy/accounting for accreditation and disclosure
· Strategic research into decarbonization, circular economy frameworks and sustainability of products and assets including market positioning of low carbon/green products, decarbonization and carbon policy/accreditation/finance, energy transition, use and reuse of products, climate change resilience and risk management
· Development of risk and opportunity Decision Frameworks which consider: the full value of resources and assets based on integrated Capital(s) Assessment (i.e., natural, social, human, produced, as relevant); circular economy, sustainable use and re-use of resources; and associated ecosystem services and beneficiaries
All our work is grounded in rigorous analysis and informed by engineering, commercial, stakeholder, policy and governance perspectives.
Some travel should be expected on an agreed upon basis.
· Understanding of economic modeling and finance
· Understanding of the specifics of GHG Policy, development of ISO compliant Life Cycle Analysis
· Degree (e.g. BComm/BSc/MSc/MBA) or equivalent in relevant discipline
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following:
· Strategic Advisory consulting including feasibility analysis, management & corporate strategies, asset reviews, practices, and methodologies
· Presents solutions in terms of incremental economic value and competitive advantage to clients
· Takes ownership for their role in the project success and delivery of target quality
· Strong self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset and motivated
· Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, participate in producing concise reports and presentations
· Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, participates in development of work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth
· Detail orientated with sustainability, economic and decision modelling understanding
· Critical thinking, analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
· Economics or structured decision and risk analysis methods both quantitative and qualitative, problem solving for external risks
· Low carbon energy project development including techno-economic modelling, commercial structures, and economic/financial modelling
We are looking for people who want to work on the difficult energy challenges that the world faces, particularly around decarbonization across industries. These are big challenges with real economic and social impacts. We want people who want to make a real difference.
You will be passionate about sustainability, have a commitment to a low carbon future and be pragmatic enough to understand this is a journey. You will understand there is no single simple solution, but that a portfolio of approaches is required to find the right balance between social, commercial and environmental outcomes.
You will love innovation and new technology, will see the value of digital enablement, and will not be phased by change. You will have a strong desire to learn.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects locally and internationally.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
Worley/ Advisian is an equal opportunity employer.