Mechanical Estimator - EDM01F9
WorleyCord is seeking a Mechanical Estimator to work with our Estimating team in our Edmonton, AB Office.
Applications received will be used to fill various seniority levels in our Estimating Department
What we offer YOU:
- Flexible work environment: currently working from home Monday and Friday
- Every Friday afternoon OFF (40 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.75 hours per day, Friday 5 hour day).
- RRSP matching program of 5% from day one
- FREE benefits from day one, including generous paramedical and a health spending account
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunity to grow your career and be a part of some of world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects
- Edmonton Head Office Hybrid Work from Home based schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (Monday-Thursday 8.75 hours per day, Friday 5 hour day). Work from home available Monday and Friday.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation as there is no public transit to our office location of 2455 – 130 Avenue NE, Edmonton, AB T6S 0A4.
- Support the project bid team, and be an effective contributor on the project bid team.
- Organize the bid kickoff and final review meetings.
- Ensure sound, well defined quantity based budgets are developed.
- Ensure WBS is adhered to while quantifying work.
- Review and support quantity checks at a summary level for other aspects of the estimate.
- Develop bid schedule and project execution plan creation.
- Liaise with Lead Estimator, Construction Manager, and Project Controls to present key elements of the estimate which will influence the development of a bid schedule and project execution plan that is accurate, achievable and meets owner’s requirements.
- Support the procurement department with scope development and subcontractor evaluations.
- Fully understand the scope of subcontractors to support development of RFP’s bid cycle.
- Support the preparation of proposal documentation with BD and Office Administrator. Review and support subcontractor technical clarifications during the bid cycle.
- Review and support the preparation of proposal documentation with BD and Office Administrator.
- Coordinate with Project Estimators, subcontractors, vendors, etc. to provide input in a timely fashion to ensure the bids are completed and delivered on time.
- Provide input into the preparation of scope and work clarifications.
- Mentor and facilitate mentorship of Junior Estimating team
- Document, track, and log post tender correspondence and budget revisions
- 3+ years of experience as an Estimator in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of mechanical industrial construction within field and mod yard locations
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical/Engineering Degree or Diploma preferred.
- Exposure to mechanical, civil, structural drawings.
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tool such as: MS Office, NAVIS Works, Adobe Reader, Excel
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Adaptable – open to change, new ideas and methods
- Ability to coordinate activities to meet requirements in a timely fashion
WorleyCord is a leader in industrial construction in Alberta and western Canada. Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global Worley team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
WorleyCord strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: WorleyCord LP will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring or placement of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established and executed between a duly authorized representative of WorleyCord LP and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to WorleyCord LP through our Human Resources