Advisian, Worley Group
Calgary, Edmonton, AB
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley with more than 2,000 people in 23 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Infrastructure, Hydrocarbons, Mining Minerals & Metals, Power and, Refining & Chemicals industries. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which allows us to manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
The Junior Hydrogeologist opening is a full-time, entry level position located in Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta, with a mix of field and office activities. The field rotations may be up to 3 weeks in length. The Junior Hydrogeologist will be preferentially resourced to our projects in Alberta.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Maintenance of positive client and joint partner relationships;
- Execution of groundwater field programs, including groundwater and surface water monitoring; potable water sampling; supervision of contractors on site; drilling, borehole logging and monitoring well installations; and tracking and reporting on field activities;
- Hydrogeological characterization and assessment;
- Technical report preparation and writing; data collection, management and analysis;
- Development of work plans and cost estimates;
- Timely delivery of high quality reports to clients;
- Travel as required for various field programs;
- Alignment with our strong safety culture.
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Geology, Geoscience, Environmental Science, or Engineering;
- 1-3 years of progressive experience as a graduate-level hydrogeologist;
- Member of, or eligible for registration with, APEGA;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, groundwater science and hydrogeological characterization;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Class 5 AB driver’s licence
Special consideration may be given to candidates who possess any of the following:
- A post-graduate degree in hydrogeology or related fields;
- Theoretical background in physical hydrogeology, groundwater/surface water interaction, and water resources;
- Theoretical background in geochemistry and contaminant hydrogeology;
- Theoretical background in quantitative hydrogeology and numerical modelling;
- Practical experience that includes field investigations, such as soil and groundwater sampling, drilling, well construction, and hydraulic testing;
- Comfortable working in remote settings;
- Consulting experience in industries such as petroleum and mining.
Advisian (part of the Worley organization) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects in locations all over the globe.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley organization) is an equal opportunity employer.