Graduate Process Engineer
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Graduate Process Engineer to be based in our Vancouver office that is ready to provide solutions for our mining and minerals projects. Someone with a strong gold and base metals background will be well suited for this role.
Under the supervision of a Lead Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Completing conceptual and/or detailed process engineering designs of new or revamp/additions to existing facilities.
- Developing design basis documents (PDC, mass and water balances etc.) and reports.
- Carrying out calculations, design development and process simulations including providing process specifications for equipment and instrumentation.
- Creating, reviewing, and revising process deliverables like PFDs, P&IDs, line lists, control philosophies and data sheets.
- Preliminary equipment sizing and communication with vendors to ensure selected equipment is meets process requirements and executing technical bid evaluations.
- Supporting Plot Plan and Piping Layout development.
- Participation in HAZOP and/or HAZID studies.
- Preparing Operating Cost Estimate and aid in the development of Capital Cost Estimate
- Participation in plant start-ups and commissioning.
- Interfacing and coordination between other discipline engineers and project management staff.
- Reviewing and applying relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern.
- Responsible for working within and following company work procedures, process technical guidelines, quality assurance plans, safety regulations and specific customer/project procedures.
- Authenticating any of the above process deliverables per the customer requirements.
What you will bring
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy and Chemical Engineering.
- Operation/plant experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous learning.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office software.
- Experience in gold and other base metals metallurgy are considered an asset.
- Registration as a Professional Engineering in Canada.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software.
- Experience in using METSIM, SysCAD, and other process simulation software is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel and cross international borders is required.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.