Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Chemetics Inc. is an industrial process technology company offering engineered systems, proprietary and non-proprietary equipment and complete plants to the chemical, fertilizer, pulp and paper, and non-ferrous metals industries worldwide.
Our technologies balance capital and operational cost-efficiency, with plants that are safe, reliable, and environmentally sound.
Chemetics is headquartered in Vancouver, operates a specialized alloy fabrication shop in Pickering (near Toronto), and employs highly skilled professionals from diverse cultures. We offer an exciting environment, interesting and challenging work for international customers, and flexible work arrangements.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer role is a full-time position based in Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
Overall Responsibilities and Key responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data and calculations
- Perform equipment sizing, development of datasheets and specifications, evaluation for purchase, vendor drawing review, material/quantity take-offs, and code review.
- Communicate effectively with the other team members
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the industry.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered as a P.Eng or as an EIT with Engineers & Geoscientists British Columbia and able to attain P.Eng designation within 2 years
- Knowledge of one of:
- specification, bid evaluation and vendor document review of rotating and packaged mechanical equipment
- design and analysis of pressure vessels
- piping specification and analysis
- Knowledge of chemical process facilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Availabilty to work as a full-time position in Vancouver, B.C. Canada
What we offer you
Chemetics offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Chemetics is an equal opportunity employer