Graduate - Junior Fisheries Ecologist - CAL01G9
Advisian – the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution.
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change, is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn’t just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage. It’s all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We’re developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification, and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems our global and so are we.
Who we are:
- Advanced Analysis
- Asset Advisory
- Decommissioning and Restoration
- Energy Transition and Sustainability
- Environment and Society
- Market Services
- Safety Consulting
- Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world’s pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world’s critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group’s ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won’t solve today’s problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future – welcome to our growing team!
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
As our ideal candidate for this dynamic and challenging role, your responsibilities will consist of the following tasks:
- · Strong background and experience in freshwater and anadromous fishes;
- · Identification and characterization of fish habitat;
- · Support or lead aquatic field work and assessments involving fish populations, benthic invertebrate communities, as well as water and sediment chemistry;
- · Author aquatic and fisheries technical reports, workplans, proposals;
- · Possess the aquatic ecology technical skills and regulatory knowledge for various projects;
- · Data entry and analysis;
- · Client management, including communication through verbal and written correspondence
- · Responsible for personal safety and following safe working practices according to Worley occupational health and safety procedures
- · Work independently, or as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- · Assist, guide, or mentor less experienced team members to develop their technical and project skills;
- · Develop and maintain relationships with clients; and
- · Travel as required for various projects.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- · Bachelors or master’s degree in aquatic science, environmental resource management, or equivalent experience;
- · Professional Biologist or ability to obtain P.Biol or R.P.Bio designation;
- · Approximately 4-8 years of experience working in aquatic ecology consulting;
- · Experience conducting fish and fish habitat surveys;
- · Excellent communication, organization and time management skills;
- · Professional experience in industries such as pipelines, upstream/downstream oil and gas facilities, mining, infrastructure, and renewable energies would be an asset;
- · Strong interpersonal skills;
- · Strong technical writing skills;
- · Self-starter and flexible team player
- · Ability to work within a team environment;
- · Excellent computer skills;
- · Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects locally and internationally.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley Group) is an equal opportunity employer.