Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley, delivering impactful solutions for our clients in the Energy Transition, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure sectors. We combine deep technical engineering capabilities of Worley with excellent engineering, strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and grow with people who share our vision and strategy.
We take pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Within Advisian, the Material Handling group is at the forefront of many ground-breaking projects that Worley undertakes, including Direct Air Capture (DAC) of CO2, advanced plastics recycling, developing new battery materials and energy storage systems, and solving supply chain logistics in remote communities. A key part of each of these projects is the ability to move materials safely, efficiently and economically.
While rooted in proven engineering principles, our technologies also embrace innovation - incorporating machine learning and AI into processes and systems can give our customers a competitive edge in these exciting fields. Our team of engineers and technicians are experts at combining technologies from across industries and applying lessons learned to new processes to develop environmentally and socially sustainable solutions.
Our mandate is to help to solve global energy challenges and we help our clients process and move materials and products that change the world. Many of our projects start with little more than an idea expressed in a single line, and our job is to take that idea and build it into a reality. We design projects from initial concept sketches right the way through to design, execution and commissioning, and help our client scale from lab tests to giga-factory processes.
We are seeking talented and enthusiastic people with a passion for engineering and innovation. It’s only by our collective action that we can move forward and, at Advisian, we move the world.
Are you up to the challenge? Come and join the Advisian Material Handling team and find out. . .
We are seeking an enthusiastic recent engineering graduate to join our Material Handling team as an engineering administrator. In this role you will support the engineering team to deliver projects and inspections safely and efficiently. Our projects range from mining to marine export terminals, from recycling to advanced manufacturing and from warehousing to logistics. You will work with, and learn from, a large group of highly skilled engineers and subject matter experts. Your work will contribute to the overall success of our client projects by maintaining a high level of organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving abilities.
The Engineering Administrator is envisaged to be a stepping stone to a Junior Engineer role within the material handling group.
The Engineering Administrator is a full-time position, based in East Vancouver, BC.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The responsibilities of the role cover all aspects of support to the Material Handling Group for multiple clients concurrently. These may include:
· Assist in general administration and preparation of engineering documentation and reports within the Material Handling group
· Prepare project initiation paperwork and submit through existing workstreams
· Prepare proposal initiation documentation through Worley CSP system
· Work with document controllers to set up proposal and project folders and sharepoint sites
· Manage inspection calendars and schedule site visit dates with clients.
· Manage project and proposal registers
· Support equipment design, specification and selection
· Assist with site inspections of existing equipment
· Submit expense claims on behalf of team members
· Review business development / proposal websites for potential opportunities for the group
· Conduct presentations and meetings based on field work experience
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences
· Proficient in MS Office applications
· Ability to prioritize workloads, manage projects, think critically and overall flexibility are essential
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and ambitious with a desire to learn
Advisian offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian is an equal opportunity employer.