Electrical Engineer - SAR00BO
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our team
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet Worley, its customers, and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- identify and report changes to project scope
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets, and schedules
- provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations, and reports
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, engineers, and other disciplines.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team, GID (Global Integrated Delivery) team and project stakeholders, including the customer
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required
- Ability to interpret client specifications.
- Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines
- Familiarity of applicable codes and Mining standards to support engineering deliverables
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Assurance system
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Previous site experience will be an asset.
- Sound technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers
- A working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields
- A working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Team player, with excellent organizational, communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Minerals and Metals industry will be an asset
- Knowledge of Power System Design/Studies and ETAP will be an asset
- Knowledge on the development of the following deliverables.
- MV and LV systems
- Single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection and wiring diagram
- Layouts – lighting and grounding, cable routing design
- Substation and MCC design
- Area classification per code requirements
- Electrical calculations
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- University graduate in Electrical Engineering or Applied Science.
- P. Eng (Ontario) designation preferred or to be able to register
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.