Associate Specialist, Direct Marketing
WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF-Canada connects the power of a strong global network to on-the-ground conservation efforts across the nation with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife by working toward:
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
The Associate Specialist provides operational support to the community giving direct marketing programs. This role works closely with multiple internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure on-time, accurate, and effective one-time, monthly and stewardship campaigns that support and build the WWF donor base and achieve revenue targets.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing, to contribute to the execution of comprehensive fundraising campaigns related to annual giving, monthly giving, upgrades, acquisition, stewardship, legacy, tribute giving and retention of donors.
- Manage current work back schedules of active projects
- Provide operational support for all direct marketing channels including direct mail (including email), telemarketing, F2F, and tribute/virtual gift portfolio
- Maintain agency relationships
- Contribute to the planning and execution of data strategies in collaboration with other members of the team
- Work with Donor Relations team to support customer service and donations processing as it pertains to direct marketing campaigns
- Maintain budget documentation for Community Giving including coordination of estimates, invoices, cost allocations, in-kind tracking, and monthly/quarterly financial results
- Work with Digital team to support direct marketing campaigns including operational support related to tracking and reporting
- Maintain archives of digital and hard copy campaign collateral
- Assist with the CN Tower Climb as part of larger project team
- Assist with WWF events as required
- Support conservation culture as a member of an integrated team
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience executing comprehensive annual direct response programs
- A proven track record in the implementation of direct marketing plans
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Numeracy skills related to budgeting and data interpretation
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with external partners/agencies
- Familiarity with CRA, PIPEDA and CASL guidelines
- High degree of proficiency working in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge or understanding of Raiser’s Edge
- Fluency in French is an asset
This is a full-time permanent role based out of our Toronto office.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- Where did you see this posting?
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before February 15, 2019, 5pm Toronto time.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.