Talent Acquisition Specialist
Position title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Position location: Ottawa
Reports to: Coordinator, Volunteer Mobilization Team
Contract term: March 31st, 2020
Application: November 18th, 2018
The Uniterra international volunteer program aims to contribute to poverty reduction and sustainable development through national and regional sectoral approaches in 14 developing countries with the support of 3,000 volunteers. The program focuses on sustainable economic growth for the youth and women. The Uniterra program is jointly operated by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Coordinator Volunteer Mobilization Team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic approach to international volunteer sourcing, recruitment and onboarding for the Uniterra program and other projects for WUSC and CECI.
From an experienced recruitment perspective, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will work with the mobilization team and projects staff to identify specific needs, implements sourcing strategies and build and execute recruitment campaigns to identify, attract and deliver top volunteer personnel annually to our country of operation in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Work in partnership with key staff to understand program and placements requirements and contribute to the development of new sourcing channels;
- Identify candidate audiences in which the program and projects needs to source for specific roles and apply sourcing strategies to ensure alignment with desired program results;
- Track social media and other networking and communications tools and continuously explores new recruitment sources, job boards and forums to assist the program and projects in growing its candidate pools;
- Remain current on the recruiting industry and on international volunteer recruitment strategies.
- Help articulate and define program and projects image, culture and key distinctions to advance its market position and attract quality candidates;
- Act as an ambassador of the program and projects brand, taking an active role to promote placements through networks, social media, private sector and university partnerships, etc.;
- Support initiatives related to volunteer placement branding i.e. developing recruitment branding material, working with designers and with Communications teams related to external branding and messaging.
Candidate Relationship Management
- Support the recruiter in the building of positive candidate experience in creating and maintaining relationships with high performing, active and passive candidates through multiple avenues, including but not limited to, social media outlets, job boards, association blogs and the websites.
- Contribute to the writing/amending of job descriptions to accurately explain the functions and qualifications of roles;
- As needed, deliver recruitment services from end to end: including creating job postings, screening and shortlisting applicants, interviewing candidates, arranging interviews and managing the offer process.
- Contribute to recruitment reporting;
- Track and use key metrics to improve recruitment decisions and improve quality of hire;
- Assist in developing custom reporting templates and recommending improvements.
Contribution to Team Productivity
- Provide input into the development and/or modification of recruitment processes, onboarding and mobilization workflows;
- Support the recruitment team in the follow up of volunteers mobilization;
- In collaboration with supervisors based in Montreal, oversee and support the volunteer mobilization team and the administration and contract team
- Act as a liaison with the supervisors based in Montreal;
- Help produce narrative reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in talent acquisition and experience in recruitment;
- Experience in staff management;
- Overseas experience in a developing country;
- Passion for talent acquisition and significant experience identifying, attracting and closing candidates of all functional expertise;
- Strong computer skills;
- Understanding of intercultural adaptation and understanding of the labor markets.
- Superior oral and written communication skills: clear, concise, persuasive writing style;
- Strong capacity for strategic representation, including working with networks;
- Excellent administration and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Strong training and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to work in partnership and with different cultural groups;
- Experience in working with volunteers in a development program is a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (human resources, marketing, social sciences, international development).
- Complete fluency (oral and written) in English and very good knowledge of French (oral and written) are essential.
WUSC is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development. Founded in 1957 and currently working in 25 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $35 million dollars, WUSC works towards a world where young people can grow up in safe, secure, supportive environments, where they can learn, work and play a vital role in their community and country’s development. Our internationally recognized programs support youth, women and other marginalized populations, focusing on three thematic areas of education, employment and engagement. Globally, WUSC works with a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse workforce. Employees have exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world. We offer an environment that encourages continuous learning and professional development. All staff at WUSC have the capacity and access to influence corporate decisions and contribute to the development of key organizational strategies, plan and policies.
The WUSC office is centrally located in Hintonburg, Ottawa. We offer competitive benefits, four weeks of annual leave (for full-time employees), safe and healthy working conditions, and fair compensation.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.