Accounting Technician (NFP, international, health) / Technicien (ne) à la comptabilité
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment for All" around the world.
The WFH is looking for a highly proficient, detail-oriented Accounting Technician with exceptional accuracy with numbers and exact data entry in order to accurately process larger volume of payables (mid-size professional organization, varied currencies, not-for-profit) and provide general accounting support & analytical input to the Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning sector.
Type of position: Regular; full-time
Location: Downtown Montreal office
Start date: ASAP ( at latest JAN 1, 2019).
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES -
Reporting to the Head, Accounting & Financial Planning, the Accounting Technician is tasked with:
- Process and record WFH and WFH USA transactions
- Issue and record payments in forms of cheques, wire transfers and bank drafts from CDN, USD and EUR bank accounts
- Reconcile and record incoming funds
- Produce monthly financial results for WFH USA
- Reconcile and record staff members’, volunteers’ and Ex-Co members’ expense reports and credit cards
- Bank reconciliations of bank accounts (CDN, USD)
- Prepare bank deposits
- Perform various intercompany reconciliations
- Participate in year-end activities, assist with adjusting entries
- Assist with year-end audit procedures (provide backup information as needed)
- Do necessary filing and miscellaneous administrative tasks.
Carry out other tasks relevant to the position as required by the Head, Accounting & Financial Planning or the Director Finance & Administration.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS -
- University degree (or in progress);E.C. - 3 year vocational program) with university level courses (financial accounting or management)
- 2 years of relevant work experience in bookkeeping or accounting support, information verification role; ideally for a not-for-profit, international, mid-size organization
- Superior knowledge, abilities with office technology (Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Highly proficient with numbers and data, with superior data entry skills: high level of speed and accuracy essential for large transactions volume
- Attentive to details, reliable, highly-organized, with demonstrated ability to accomplish much work, meet deadlines; effective under stress
- Ability to work well autonomously and to service, collaborate with others in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, energetic profile
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); professional, service orientation in email correspondence and on the telephone
- Fully proficient in English (main language of work); knowledge of French or Spanish as key second languages preferred; other languages an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in full confidence, an ENGLISH resume and cover letter IMMEDIATELY to:
E: email@example.com F: +1 514.875.8916
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia - http://www.wfh.org /Gestionnaire ressources humaines - HR Manager
1425, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 1200 Montréal, Qc H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.