Fundraising Assistant (temporary - full-time)
About White Ribbon
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys dedicated to preventing gender-based violence and promoting gender equality and healthy masculinities. We were founded in Canada in the aftermath of the 1989 École Polytechnique massacre. Our programs reach men and boys in workplaces, schools, colleges, and universities and community groups across the country, to raise awareness of the role they can and must play in changing attitudes and behaviour to end gender-based violence and discrimination.
The Fundraising Assistant will provide temporary full-time support to the coordination of White Ribbon's 10th annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event in Toronto on Wednesday, May 29, 2019. Emphasis is on renewing past event sponsors, teams, participants, and donors, as well as recruiting new ones, in order to grow fundraising revenues and raise public awareness of White Ribbon's mission.
Working at the direction of the Director of Development, the Fundraising Assistant will:
- Support the planning and execution of all aspects of the Walk, including event day site logistics: set-up, program staging and scripting, as well as take-down and clean-up
- Support the renewal and recruitment of event sponsors, teams, participants, and donors
- Coordinate communications with Walk sponsors, participants, teams, and donors
- Support the recruitment of and communications with Walk event volunteers
- Coordinate communications with Walk VIP guests and event speakers, suppliers and vendors
- Coordinate recognition and stewardship of donor/sponsor/volunteer/participants
- Coordinate Walk digital marketing and advertising, including Walk website, e-newsletters, and external web advertising
- Coordinate Walk social media content
- Coordinate Walk printing and signage, photography and videography
- Coordinate Walk venue/site logistics (e.g. site regulations, lay-out, security, fire safety, first aid, food and beverages)
- Coordinate Walk equipment (e.g. shoe inventory, tables, chairs, audio/visual)
- Coordinate Walk event day program flow, including master of ceremonies, speakers and speaking notes, entertainment
- Generate fundraising reports and donor/sponsor and participant lists
- Maintain digital (cloud-based) records for all of the above
- Handle other fundraising tasks as assigned.
- College or University graduate required
- Experience in a fundraising office preferred
- Experience working with fundraising event volunteers preferred
- Oral and written communications skills, with emphasis on business and fundraising writing
- Microsoft Office and G-Suite skills and experience
- Fundraising database skills and experience, e.g. Salesforce
- Event management software software skills and experience, e.g. AKA Raisin
- Desktop publishing skills and experience, e.g. Piktochart, Convo
- Email management software skills and experience, e.g. MailChimp
- Website content management skills and experience, e.g. Weebly
- Creative design aptitude ideal
- Personal alignment with White Ribbon's mission, of engaging men and boys in preventing gender-based violence, promoting gender-equality, and promoting healthy masculinities
- Vulnerable sector record check may be required.
How to Apply
Please email you cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment to email@example.com with “Application - Fundraising Assistant” in the Subject line. No phone calls please.
Applications must be received by February 25, 2019 at 5 pm Eastern Time
White Ribbon is grateful to all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
White Ribbon is an inclusive workplace and we are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Accessibility accommodation requests can be made at any point provided the position requirements have been met by the applicant.
February 11, 2019