Homework Club Tutor
HOMEWORK CLUB TUTORS
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Children’s Community Developer, the candidate will work within a team setting to ensure the proper planning and facilitation of a homework club.
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre operates under the following guiding beliefs
- Provide Assistance to students with their homework
- Provide a safe and quiet environment for students
- Plan engaging physical activities
- Act as a resource and support to the volunteers
- Informing and supporting parents about student’s progress/difficulties
- Supervision of Children and behavior management
- Maintain a positive rapport with the host school
- Ability to communicate fluently in English is a must; French highly desirable.
- Experience working with children between the ages of 8 to 14.
- Have the necessary skills and knowledge to help children in grades 3 to 8.
- Be responsible, reliable, and respectful of different learning styles and difficulties.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must have a current Police Records Check (Police Vulnerable Sector Check).
Salary: $14.00/hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
Hours: 2-8 hours/week
Projected start date: As soon as possible
Please submit your résumé by 4:00 p.m., November 16, 2018 to:
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata, On K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.