WellFort is seeking a Family Physician!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides primary care directly, performing assessments, diagnosis’s, counselling, screening, referrals, education, treatment and other medical functions as required according to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario standards of practice.
- Interviews (takes history), examines, makes medical assessments, taking into account the social and economic determinants of health.
- Diagnoses and treats acute conditions.
- Diagnoses and treats chronic conditions incorporating self-management techniques as appropriate
- Provides primary care indirectly by working interactively with nurse practitioners, providing consultation to nurses or other healthcare professionals, and health promotion services, by developing medical or clinical protocols.
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating shared basis with other Physicians to ensure that medical care can be accessed 24 hours per day throughout the entire year.
- Maintains hospital privileges, if possible, at a convenient hospital.
- Participates in case conferences, staff, team and committee meetings, and other activities related to the organization, to ensure coordination of client
- Current License to practice medicine and membership in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Medical degree from a recognized university
- Successful completion of a two-year post graduate residency program accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and an active member of the College
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and in an inclusive, barrier free health centre
- Understanding of the social, environmental and economic determinants of health
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and effective oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency and experience working with electronic health records
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with our diverse clientele and across all levels of the organization
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Salary: $ 205,746 plus on call stipend of $5,688
(plus full benefits and HOOPP pension plan)
Other benefits: CME days and allowance
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Please put “MD0319” in the subject line.
Deadline: Open until filled
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.