Supply Chain Insights and Technology Manager (12-14 month contract)
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Temporary Assignment - Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The primary role of the Supply Chain Insights and Technology Manager is to apply data analysis and business insights to drive data driven decisions for Walmart.ca and Walmart Canada as a whole. Possessing a true passion for continuous improvement, this person has a deep understanding of analytics tied with usability and best practices to deliver actionable insights across a variety of functional areas. This role will also manage the technology road map, working with in-country and global Technology teams to ensure that the solutions the business needs are delivered. A leader in understanding analytics elements and how they tie together to create a data rich ecosystem that helps make better decisions faster.
- Leverage cross-functional teams to determine business KPIs and data needs. Develop strategy to address these needs – determining where technology and automation are warranted.
- Develop and implement plans for improving business intelligence at Walmart.ca Work with business analysts and project managers to develop and refine reporting requirements
- Generate actionable reporting to support decision making – mining data to construct and organize information in a way that is easily consumed and actioned.
- Lead the co-ordination between the Canadian and Global technology teams to ensure Walmart.ca needs are prioritized and met.
- Support broader team with analytics – volume forecasts; demand planning; inventory health; sku assortment strategy etc.
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree education required
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience required
- Expert knowledge of tools (Oracle SQL), expert knowledge of Access & Microsoft Excel (advanced lookups, pivot tables), experience with data workflow tools such as Alteryx or KNIME.
- Proficient communicator and presenter.
- Strong stakeholder management and people management skills.