Store Human Resources Manager, Bilingual (12+ Month Contract) - Estrie
4050, BOULEVARD JOSAPHAT-RANCOURT, SHERBROOKE, QC, J1L 3C6
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Store HR Managers are Human Resource Professionals on the store management team, responsible for implementing and maintaining our Human Resource Programs, Practices and Policies while ensuring that our Wal-Mart Culture, Beliefs and Values are understood and supported by both associates and management. They Champion and Support Associate and Management needs in their store
- We are looking for someone who has had experience in the following: Associate Engagement Participates with store management in associate grass roots meetings and supports actions and communication.
- Analyzes the annual results with the store manager and partners on the development of action plans, communication and execution to drive engagement, champions and supports associate needs in their store.
- Talent Management Ensures robust succession and development planning for hourly associates and mid level management through to the store management team.
- Oversees recruitment activity, work force planning and ensures vacancy rate is to structure through effective hiring and promotion of hourly associates and mid level management.
- Learning and Development Sponsors the development of the personnel manager in their store.
- Assists in the execution and follow up on the training plans and programs for associates and mid level managers.
- Supports the store, assistant, specialty, mid level and personnel management in the interpretation and application of policies and people programs.
- Communication Ensures the execution of all company communication plans to associates with and through the store management team.
- Promotes and fosters a better understanding and use of company sponsored communication vehicles and programs with store management and personnel manager.
- Actively communicates at store rotational meetings adding value to people policies and programs.
- Human Resource Compliance Ensures the proper execution of all company people practices, procedures and policies in their store personally and through the management team.
- Advises on and teaches application of policies to associates and all management.
Canada Walmart Division
Retail Store Management
- Human Resources (CHRP Designation) or related post-secondary education
- Minimum 3 years in Store Management or Human Resource Management
- Ability to influence / advise management on HR priorities
- Experience in successfully managing challenging Associate relations issues
- Working knowledge of basic employment, human rights and labour law
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.