Specialist, Design Services-1
Position Summary...The Design Services Specialist responsibilities are divided between two key pillars a) Implementing roll out of established brand and Vis ID principles across multiple media channels b) Managing creative and production of Private Brands packaging. Split between may vary, but expectation is 20/80.Pillar 1 - The Design Services Specialist will be directed by their Coach to support her/him in the creation and production of various communication pieces across multiple channels. For example, in store signage: The Specialist will be briefed and will follow through from brief writing and creative evaluation through to release of artwork to 3rd party vendor. Simpler projects that can be adapted or executed in house are expected to be produced by the Specialist themselves for speed and efficiency. The Design Services Specialist ensures quality is always met, brand guidelines and Vis ID’s are adhered to, stakeholders are aligned and timelines are met at every stage of the process. This role works spans both the Weekly Shop and Direct Import.Pillar 2 - Private Brand packaging involves creative development and project management. She/he ensures efficient flow of packaging design throughout the whole development process – from Creative Design Brief through to final artwork release and follows up with printer. The Design Services Specialist ensures quality is always met, brand guidelines are adhered to, stakeholders are aligned and timelines are met at every stage of the Packaging Development Process. Design Services Specialists span both the Weekly Shop and Direct Import.
What you'll do...
1. Implement and police brand standards. The Specialist will be a subject matter expert on the design brand standards associated with their categories and projects. The role involves creation or oversight of design work that conforms to predetermined standards.
2. She/he will be a thought leader in design, have strong design acumen with an ability to art direct, guide, and shape the outcome of a design related project. The role delivers on the overarching Marcomm vision for success through, sales driving, brand building, WOW work that makes us proud.
3. Manage 3rd party vendors. She/he will brief third party agencies and vendors on design related projects and manage the project from kick off to completion. Each project requires a comprehensive and accurate Creative Brief based on inputs from Kick Off Session. Brief contains creative direction plus detailed information on product attributes, regulatory restrictions, call outs, features and benefits, material considerations, competitive set, timelines and key dates, product needs/limitations and structural requirements. She/he will have the skills to effectively critique the work and communicate actionable feedback. Specialist will traffic and manage workflow. Overseeing photo shoots, illustration and other creative elements as necessary.
4. The role requires a solid understanding of print and production processes for packaging, signage and digital assets. This is ensure quality is met at every stage in the design and production process. Technical competence, basic print and production knowledge are required.
5. Managing stakeholder expectations and gaining stakeholder alignment will drive success. This will draw on soft people skills, the ability to present an idea effectively, and to listen and take on positive and negative feedback.
6. She/he will develop specialist Category knowledge to ensure product is fit for purpose and resonates within the category. Category dynamics will inform position on shelf, competitive set, category norms, pricing and value and allow the consumer to make informed choices.
7. Project Management. Manage project process, timelines and approvals. Develop & maintain critical paths. Regular reporting of project status. Specialist will manage all approvals and sign off from key stakeholders, Compliance, Product Management, Product Development, Translation and Category Management. Responsible for updating and maintaining all relevant packaging documents on The Hive for vendor and global access.
8. Support continuous improvement of packaging process. Understanding and proactively adjusting the process for increased efficiency and weekly sku throughput.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum Education Required: College Certificate/Diploma
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 4 + Years
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience (Preferred)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada