Specialist, Licenses & Permits
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The License and Permits Specialist is primarily responsible for proccuring and maintaining all required Real Estate, Construction, Operating licenses and permits in full accordance with the law. The incumbent will process and coordinate licensing and permit requirements, including completion of applications and renewals and work with the business to ensure all regualtory requirements to maintain the license/permit are met.. Maintains a database to record all licenses and permits across the enterprise, from construction, through distribution and store operations, to the merchandise that we sell.
- Responsible to maintain, process and coordinate all licenses and permits, including completion of all license applications and renewals, submission to government authorities, and processing required payments.
- Manages and process multi jurisdiction licenses and permits as required for internal and external stakeholders which includes researching various regulatory agencies requirements and By-Laws. To ensure appropriate documents are prepared accurately in order to meet project deliverables and licensing deadlines.
- Monitor the status of the applications and payment to ensure minimal impact to the business.
- Maintain and use the licensing database to ensure all license applications and invoices are submitted in timely manner, avoiding penalty charges.
- Provide information and direction to a variety of key business partners and stakeholders both internal and external regarding regulations, license permit fees and procedures, and other development requirements
- Ensure that all Construction related licenses and permits are obtained in accordance to the License and Permits policy and work together with Construction/ Real Estate and Third Party Intermediaries to ensure compliance.
- Maintains database of required licenses and permits by location (construction, store operations, merchandise, etc.).
- Tracks permits using the department’s tracking system to assure that they are being processed in a timely manner.
- Maintains database to record all licenses and permits across the enterprise, ensuring that all licenses and permit information is populated and maintained current. Serve as system administrator for licenses and permits software solution, and completes required reporting to busines
Canada Walmart Division
- Knowledge and familiarity with federal, provincial and municipal licensing and permit regime, applicable to store operations and to sale of merchandise
- Very strong technical and organizational skills, including EXCEL
- Familiarity with Documentum an asset
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word
- Ability to make independent decisions
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.