Specialist, Compliance Systems
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Responsible for the development and customization of new and enhanced applications, systems and reporting tools to meet compliance team needs, supporting compliance analysis and reporting. Responsible for the identification, integration and implementation of new compliance systems. Responsible to provide direction, training and guidance on compliance system utilization by associates across the enterprise.Responsible for the ongoing use and maintenance of systems and database information used by the Compliance team.
- Responsible to work with Compliance Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand business needs, assist in the development of metrics and designs dashboards for use by the Compliance and Operations teams.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and develops customized applications and dashboards to meet Compliance business needs. This will include enhancements to existing compliance systems, and the development of new applications and dashboards.
- Responsible for the ongoing use and maintenance of systems and database information used by the Compliance team, including troubleshooting reported issues, performing root cause analysis and implementing sustainable corrective actions.
- Responsible for integration and implementation of new compliance systems. This may include project management, oversight of pilot projects, the transfer of manual data into the new systems, and integration with existing systems.
- Lead the coordination of stakeholders including Technology, Operations and Global counterparts to ensure the efficient launch, implementation and ongoing maintenance of compliance systems and dashboards.
- Responsible to provide ongoing direction, training and guidance on compliance system utilization by associates across the enterprise. This will include developing training materials and support documentation for new reporting tools and software.
- Responsible to identify and recommend technical and conceptual ideas to improve compliance monitoring and reporting, and to coordinate with Global on search for new and innovative technology solutions. This will include reviewing third party or industry reporting systems and solutions, leading internal teams to test and implement new technologies, etc.
- Identifies data trends and presents findings to appropriate Compliance SMEs and monitoring teams.
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in finance, mathematics, statistics or computer science
- Minimum Years of Experience Required : Strong analytical skills combined with minimum of 2 years experience
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Specialized expertise in database management, data blending, data visualization, statistical analysis, and low-code application development.
- Expertise in VBA/SQL/Excel/ACCESS/Alteryx/Tableau.
- Experience in system application development or with coding languages an asset.