Software Developer III
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies. Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency. Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance. #LI-SN1
- Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Mentor other junior associates on team (e.g., proactively help other team members with their work).
- Work on assignments outside of immediate responsibilities and perform successfully
Canada Walmart Division
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to design/develop systems that are highly available and linearly scalable.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with Software development process – Design, development, testing, CI/CD and code push to production systems.
â€‹Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Good understanding of Open Source technologies
- Provide engineering thought leadership by disseminating best practices and mentoring other engineers.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.