Software Developer II
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
We are looking for a strong Software Developer II, will have an opportunity to develop and design Backend and Data pipeline systems. You will also help us build a highly scalable and performant Walmart.ca eCommerce platform to match our exponential growth. As a Software Developer II, you will be responsible for building microservices which will enable data delivery in near real-time using next-gen technologies.
- Design and develop scalable and performant backend services.
- Actively participates in the agile practices and ceremonies for the team.
- Able to learn & adopt new technologies & framework
- Able to have a healthy conflict with POs and fellow team members
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: BS/MS degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1-2 years of software development experience working in Scala, Java or Python.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Knowledge with Big data technologies like Spark ETLs, Hadoop, Hive and Kafka is an asset
- Have a strong passion for developing elegant and well-designed frameworks.
- A history of open-source contribution is an asset.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.