Position Summary...Shunt drivers handle, move, load and unload materials. Ensuring that all customer orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner by placing or removing trailers to and from designated area.
What you'll do...
• Ensures that all customer orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner by placing or removing trailers to and from designated areas.
• Opening and closing trailer doors as required, creating and updating a daily yard check and shunt log; Attach trailer seals as needed.
• Demonstrate good judgment when checking trailers and maintaining the shunt truck.
• Responsible for ensuring that the rules of the yard are followed at all times. Have a good understanding of and comply with all SOP’s and Health & Safety guidelines. Maintaining a clean environment.
• Suggests improvements to reduce hazards and prevent reoccurrences.
• Checking/Operating reefers and heated trailers. Weighing yard trailers (On-Site Truck Scale)
• Building LCV trailer and B-Train trailer combinations. Moving oversize trailers within the yard (LCV or 60' Trailers)
• Communicate with the Team Leader and Desk Clerks on a regular basis concerning operations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 23 or older License - AZ / Class 1 Driver's License
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.