Senior Manager, Technology Finance
Position Summary...The Sr. Finance Manager, Technology is an integral role as part of the Canadian Finance Organization and International Tech Organization, providing insight supported by meaningful and accurate financial information to help guide and influence the decision-making process. The Senior Manager is the main Commercial Finance partner to the Chief Information Officer, Technology Leadership Team (TLT), and business leaders across other areas of the business where Technology is a strategic initiative.
Specifically, the role will provide decision support with respect to operating models, investments in change initiatives, financial planning, and developing innovative reporting to translate financial results into business impact.
This position will play a critical role as a thought partner with Technology leadership in establishing, and managing to, certain KPIs, targets, and metrics. Ideally you will bring experience and confidence that will help drive new ways of thinking and further improve our own financial maturity as a function and an organization.
The role will build and manage relationships with the management team of the Tech function, and take an active role, along with other members of the Commercial Finance team, in strategic discussions at the senior and executive leadership levels.
The Senior manager will also lead long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
What you'll do...
1. Manage the annual budget process by setting overall targets with the above mentioned business partners and drive consistent application of FP&A process across these departments. Partner with these teams to prioritize spend and capital investments against their strategic objectives and ensure that they deliver against their efficiency, leverage, and investment return goals.
2. Manage performance and hold the business teams accountable to delivery of P&L results through the cadence of the monthly/quarterly forecast and business review process. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams delivery against annual financial targets.
3. Allocate the 5 year plans by aligning targets with lead business partner using a consistent framework. Partner with the business to develop and implement operational building blocks to deliver against the long term goals. Influence the business on enablers required to deliver against the goals and proactively partner on identifying alternatives based on known risks or gaps.
4. Finance lead for any enterprise wide strategic projects that fall into the Technology portfolio (e.g. tied to Walmart Canada’s Tech roadmap).
5. Lead development of business case drivers. Prioritize Capex and Opex investment through ROI analysis combined with strategic importance to overall portfolio. Conduct post implementation review of key investments to ensure business delivers against objectives and recommend course correcting activities as required.
6. Ensure delivery of robust capital management process for Tech activities to drive capital efficiency, including driving a new framework with International Finance on key investment programs.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation & problem solving skills – ability to influence and partner with VP/SVP business leads
- Result oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
- Strong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines in stressful environment
- Proficient to advance level: SAP, Essbase, Smartview, Powerpoint
- Other strong system skills a benefit, such as knowledge of Tableau, Alteryx, Think-Cell or specific IT-finance products
- Experience working as the Finance lead for a commercial area of the business
- Minimum of 8-10 years related finance experience, preferably with prior experience supporting an IT/digital function or line of business
- Broad interest and/or experience in the retail industry
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership, tackle multiple projects, and efficiently execute deliverables.
- Strong leadership skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada