Senior Manager, Public Affairs - Eastern Canada (Halifax/ Fredericton based)
Position Summary...The Senior Manager, Public Affairs helps develop and execute Walmart Canada’s government relations strategy. The Senior Manager will be responsible for building and fostering relationships with key government, media and industry stakeholders, monitor relevant government policy and legislation, raise Walmart’s visibility among decision-makers as well as advise on the development of proactive government relations, policies and strategies that advance the company’s strategic objectives.
What you'll do...
1. Managing the execution of integrated government and stakeholder relations strategies to promote and broaden awareness of organizational goals and brand objectives with key policy makers and decision-makers.
2. Pursuing Walmart Canada business objectives with governments to mitigate risks and proactively achieve policy or regulatory changes to support top line growth.
3. Building and executing engagement plans with federal/provincial/municipal government officials and other third-party industry stakeholders to raise awareness and strengthen corporate reputation.
4. Leading the development and design of material for government and stakeholder engagement including presentations, briefing notes, speeches, and other communications collateral to promote corporate direction and enhance organizational profile.
5. Working with internal subject matter experts to evaluate public policy priorities, opportunities and risk and lead organization-wide responses to legislative initiatives and consultations, as well as responding to general inquiries from elected and non-elected decision makers on key issues.
6. Represent the company in meetings with senior government officials, key stakeholders, and third-party influencers.
7. Devising and implementing communications strategies to proactively influence, educate and inform government, media, and stakeholder audiences.
9. Managing local agencies.
- 5-8 years of experience either in the public sector or in a corporate government relations capacity
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience in media relations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENITA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada