Senior Manager, Digital Product Monetization
Position Summary...At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier, brands and Omni retail customers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage millions of Canadian households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when our partners invest in our Omni solutions to drive sales and growth; Walmart and our partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect (the ad sales arm for Walmart) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and as a result, is able to provide measurable results for our partners.
Walmart Connect is seeking an experienced Product Monetization Senior Manager to help build and sell Walmart Connect advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion and brand building omni solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
In this role, which reports into the Sr Director, Performance Marketing & Ad Products, you will play a key role as a key player in challenging the market and pushing the envelope in terms of taking Ad products from late feasibility to full-scale production driving optimal output and efficiency. You will be leading breadth of innovative and groundbreaking new ad product offerings, scaling them up to full production. This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative and fast-moving organization and support the rapid growth of the business. The role requires a candidate with a proven ability to manage cross-functional teams, drive process improvement and best practices within both commercialization and operations to support significant growth.
You will champion the Go to Market (GTM) and innovative advertising solutions while optimizing digital monetization across our network Owned & Operated and Media Partner ecosystem. You’ll also be splitting your time between Product, engineering and sales stakeholders, so you know what it takes to ship products quickly to meet business and advertisers needs. Finally, you understand how different advertising tactics fit within the marketing funnel and get what it means to deliver solutions that drive value. You will empower agency and advertiser teams to leverage these solutions by consulting on how Walmart Connect’s proprietary data, measurement, and technology can deliver meaningful business outcomes for advertisers. You will do this by educating, training, and consulting through every step of the media planning and buying cycle. You will drive platform innovation by collecting detailed feedback from external partners and sharing it with internal Walmart Connect product teams.
What you'll do...
1. Build test & learn opportunities with strategic vendors for new ad products prior to launch. Play a key role in managing the vendor relationship for test & learn to align & activate. Incorporate into sales materials to strengthen the selling story as well as optimize the product & measurement prior to launch.
2. Lead the overall product strategy and roadmap for Walmart Connect monetization efforts, including onsite, search and offsite digital advertising solutions within direct and programmatic space.
3. Lead the development and go-to-market strategy for Walmart Connect suite of advertising solutions (direct and programmatic), while addressing both technical and content production considerations.
4. Test and validate new and existing advertising products by making sense of varied data sources, leading competitive landscape research, and performing routine gap analysis.
5. Partner with key stakeholders to develop strong department insights along the customer journey to tell the story of the strength of targeting the Walmart customer with WMC.
6. Be the de-facto expert when it comes to understanding how and why Walmart Connect digital monetization solutions contribute to the overall financial success of the company.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7-10 years of solid Product Management, Agency, or Digital experience, ideally leading teams through Agile product delivery
- Bachelor's Degree
- Deep understanding of digital advertising products, platforms, and trends (hands-on campaign management is very preferred), including experience with both direct and programmatic solutions
- You’re a problem solver who brings creative solutions to the table and are great at breaking down big tasks into logical steps
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; putting together messaging for technical and non-technical audiences is a snap for you
- Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities; you can turn ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
- Strong data-driven approach to decision making; you’re comfortable working with numbers to back up your recommendations
- Consumer-centric approach to product and feature design; you get what digital advertisers are looking for and stay on top of industry trends
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and partners; you focus on solutions and not problems, and can lead senior-level meetings without breaking a sweat
- People describe you as collaborative, analytical, and an overall great person to work with · Experience in a media, start-up or digital environment preferred.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada