Senior Manager, Communication Technology
Position Summary...The Senior Manager, Communication Technology is accountable for transforming 2-way communication channels through a digital & mobile lens. This role will own the end-to-end comm tech strategy, intranet and communication platforms within corporate affairs. Responsible for setting a 1, 2 and 3-year communication technology strategy and have the ability to influence all levels within the organization to deliver against that strategy. This individual will have a strong understanding of communication within a retail environment and how to create a comm tech ecosystem that supports accessibility, storytelling and engagement.
What you'll do...
1. Enhance and evolve existing technology-based communication channels while also delivering new 2-way communication channels. Maintain minimal disruption on existing platform and products.
2. Delivery of the comm tech strategy with a focus on mobile-first, comm tech innovation that supports accessibility, storytelling and associate/customer engagement. Also supporting virtual events.
3. Lead a team focused on end-to-end technology development and maintenance (conceptualization, design, testing, implementation, and measurement) of new systems and platforms to support communications, including working across geographies to leverage vendors and technology internationally.
4. Validate ideas using proof-of-concepts to learn, validate and accelerate innovations. Oversee rollout plans, including change management for operators and end-users. Accountable for ensuring deliverables are on time, are appropriate for audience, and with high content quality (cohesive, comprehendible and actionable).
5. Accountable for delivering and managing comm tech platforms and supporting the stakeholders that rely on them. This includes negotiating with vendors and business units to deliver on time, on budget and within resource constraints.
6. Develop and own the overall communication technology strategy for stores, including visualization of reports and simplification of data to enable better execution for stores through meaningful messages, insights and data. Enable two-way flow of information between stores and the office through innovation.
7. Maintain relationships with global communication tech teams and product owners across Walmart Internationally to align on global strategies and initiatives while leveraging best processes and systems across markets.
8. Data driven platform evolution providing regular insights and recommendations
- 6-8 years of strong experience and passion for technology and retail communication
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in retail communication technology
- Proficiency in Adobe AEM or similar platforms (ex. SharePoint), comfortable providing technical support to authors using AEM an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage a high performing team
- Strong negotiation skills with business units. Calm under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Bachelor's degree
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENITA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada