Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Cost Management
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Cost Management will provide analytical support to the Strategic Cost Management function of Walmart. The successful candidate will provide analyses that will be used to create cost-focused strategies to engineer value for the organization. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to participate in the strategy development process and collaborate with cross-functional business partners through this process.
- Support delivery of the Global Cost Transformation Program including the implementation of Zero-based Budgeting (ZBB).
- Track and monitor progress of key projects and initiatives to generate reporting to facilitate company-wide accountability to key project objectives. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams’ delivery against annual financial targets.
- Support Walmart’s Three Year Planning and Annual Planning processes by providing key insights and analyses in furtherance of the company’s value engineering objectives. Work with business partners in and out of finance to model initiatives for incorporation into the Three Year Plan.
- Fully develop business cases for key strategic cost management initiatives and priorities. Fully vet all assumptions in cash flow models.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and systems and implement standardized solutions across areas of responsibility.6. Participate in the research and design phases of the value engineering process – challenge ideas, and help develop strategy and tactical execution plan
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required : 1-2 years MBA or CPA Preferred
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skillsResult oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
- Extreme comfort with ambiguous conceptsStrong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines
- Proficient to advance level: SAP, Essbase, Powerpoint, SQL
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.