Senior Financial Analyst, Real Estate Investment Analysis
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Senior Analyst, Real Estate Finance leads the financial modeling and analysis on the company’s Real Estate investments.
1. Partner with the Store Development and Real Estate teams on all investment analysis (IRR / NPV$) relating to core real estate projects (Relays, New Store, Relocation, Expansion & Conversion). Perform scenario, benchmarking and sensitivity analysis as required to ensure project returns presented are reasonable. Provide recommendations on improvements to the assumptions and process through analysis and leveraging relationships with Store Development, Real Estate, Space Planning & Operations.
2. Support the annual Real Estate Post Audit Process, reviewing ~$1B in Capital investment, collaborating with Canadian and International Real Estate & Finance teams to validate results, improve the process and drive recommendations leading to improved financial performance.
3. Support the development of the company’s 3 year annual investment strategy on Real Estate, collaborating with the Real Estate team on scenario, sensitivity and benchmarking analysis on existing and proposed sites, plus other improvements to the process. 4. Partner with the Corporate Planning and Real Estate teams to ensure alignment of financials to be included in the company’s 3 year and annual operating plans, relating to CapEx and financial measures (e.g. sales disruption/lift, GP% degradation, etc) included in Real Estate Agendas.
5. Monthly forecasting and yearly budgeting for Prototype Project in regards to both CapEx and OpEx – utilizing SAP and working with business partners to ensure the project is on budget
6. Provide financial reporting and ad-hoc analysis on Prototype store performance for business partners and Executive Committee
7. Support analyses on special projects (M&A, Portfolio Reviews, New Format, etc.) as needed.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required 2-3 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Proficient to advanced level: Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint; SAP BI & Essbase, Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills, Result oriented and critical thinking, Strong organizational skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines under changing circumstances, Pursuing (& at latter stages of) a MBA or CPA
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.