Senior Auditor, Internal Audit
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Sr Auditor, Internal Audit is responsible for supporting audit projects in order to ensure that the most effective and efficient processes are applied to all business systems and practices within the organization. The Senior Internal Auditor may be responsible for leading smaller scale assurance or advisory projects.
1. Execute financial, operational or compliance audits using a risk-based methodology under the supervision of the Internal Audit Lead, including advanced data analytics. Review audit working papers as required. Build and manage relationships with external auditors and business stakeholders.
2. Assist Internal Audit Lead in planning and development of corporate and functional audits including the documentation of the risk assessment and audit work program.
3. Assess control design and effectiveness and identifies processes and deficiencies by testing performance of controls against Company procedures and/or external regulatory/accounting requirements. Prepare and/or assist with documenting audit findings and audit recommendations through written memos or audit reports that mitigate risk.
4. Prepare audit documentation in accordance with Global Internal Audit Services Methodology and Quality Assurance standards and execute controls testing in accordance with SOX 404 requirements and US GAAP.
5. Monitor, validate and report on the implementation status of management action plans resulting from audit engagements and whether the implemented action plans appropriately mitigate business risks. Prepare monthly Canada Executive Committee level reporting for status of management actions plans.
6. Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs and monitoring the progress and adequacy of management's actions.
7. Provide guidance and training for Internal Auditors on audit approach principles and professional work paper standards to ensure performance objectives are met and assist in the evaluation of Internal Auditor performance through project evaluations and feedback during the course of audits.
8. Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports the company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans, using the Open Door Policy and demonstrating and assisting others on how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required - Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of experience - 3-5 years
CPA (CA/CGA/CMA), CIA, CISA (One or more)
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
Customer Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers. Uses customer data, analyses, and insights to improve customer-related decisions.
Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one’s perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance - Acts in accordance with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures. Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one’s area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates Ability to communicate messages effectively Ability to collaborate and integrate strategically with a number of internal and external stakeholders.