Senior Analyst, Sales Tax (18 months contract)
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Temporary Assignment - Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Senior Sales Tax Analyst supports business initiatives related to both Sales and Income Tax, process development, business changes and audit functions.
- Develop and evaluate procedures, ensuring tax compliance related to Non-Resident vendors from both an Income and Sales tax perspective. Work with the business to ensure they understand and implement the necessary processes for compliance. Analyze and prepare all NR4 filing and monthly remittances and corresponding account reconciliations.
- Prepare tax compliance working papers and filing as required for monthly remittances and yearly filing for the Bank and the Pharmacy entities.
- As it related to sales tax, prepare working papers i.e. for audit support, provide back up, analyze data, conduct research and evaluate findings regarding sales tax issues. Where appropriate, correction of error procedures are to be developed and management of the implementation process expected.
- Prepare monthly instalments and remittance requests.
- Preparation and filing of Goods and Services Tax and Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) returns (GST494 – Final Return for Selected Listed Financial Institutions; GST 111- Financial Institution GST/HST);
- Assist with the system implementation and system support and new business initiatives impacting the compliance process, working closely with all required business functions, as required from time to time.
- Post audit analysis and investigation as coordinated by Manager in respect of risk areas, including recommendations and implementation of any necessary process improvements.
- Cross-train and be back up support on various sales tax positions as requested.
- Research and interpret Provincial and Federal Sales Tax Legislation. As required, support the Manager as it relates to budgetary legislative changes that impact the sales tax area.
â€‹Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
Minimum Education Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required : 1-2 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Indepth Sales Tax Course
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skills
- Result oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership Strong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines, ability to multi task
- CPA Required