Senior Analyst, Merchandise Finance
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Support the financial and planning analysis (FP&A) function within the Merchandise Finance team by developing and maintaining simple, consistent and scalable processes, procedures and management information. Partner with Accounting in support of month-end close deliverables and reporting as well as Supply Chain Finance in support of inventory management initiatives
- Support the annual budget process for the Merchandise Finance team through the consolidation of standardized reports and templates for total Canada. Create and maintain databases, templates, work-back schedules with teams.
- Manage performance and hold the business teams accountable to delivery of P&L results through the cadence of the monthly forecast and business review process. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams’ delivery against annual financial targets.
- Allocate the 3 year plans by aligning targets with lead business partner using a consistent framework. Partner with the business to develop and implement operational building blocks to deliver against the long term goals. Influence the business on enablers required to deliver against the goals and proactively partner on identifying alternatives based on known risks or gaps.
- Create and distribute standard management reports that provide clear and synthesized understanding of financial performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and systems and implement standardized solutions across area of responsibility.
- Liaise with other Finance teams and manage all month end and forecast activities effecting Merchandise Finance.
- Support on boarding of new associates in finance and assigned business area.
- Drive associate engagement by valuing associates, listening and responding to concerns and recognizing accomplishments
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skills
- Result oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
- Strong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines
- Proficient to advance level: SAP, Essbase, PowerPoint
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience required
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Financial Modeling
- High attention to detail