Senior Analyst, Merchandise Analytics (12 Month Contract)
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)Time Type:b Temporary Assignment - Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Retail Academy Facilitator contributes to the success of hourly associates, Assistant Managers, Co Managers, New Store Managers and Store Managers through communication, coordination, and facilitation of Wal-Mart classes and training programs.
- Ensure the details and logistics of the training are coordinated and communicated where applicable (i.e. date, time, location, travel/accommodation, pre-work, materials, equipment, and room set-up) 2. Prepare and review training documentation and incorporates internal and external info and trends Ensures effective flow for the session, generates participation and enthusiasm, tailors presentations and discussions to the needs and level of the participants and responds to questions with facts and examples that are relevant and accurate. Uses relevant and appropriate storytelling to engage and inspire participants
- Influence & Feedback. Utilizes sytem driven student tracking, coaches feedback, learner feedback and observed behaviours to assess and track student progress. Uses this data to promote learner readiness and communicate program and participant effectiveness and acheivement of learning objectives to field partners.
- Confirms that learners meet the learning/performance criteria on an ongoing basis, collaborates with coach on root cause issues and plans/ communicates required continued development. Provides factually based written and spoken feedback to the learners coach during and post program.
- Displays passion and energy while facilitating through broadcast voice techniques, tone, body movements, expressions and gestures. Seeks new and creative ways to engage across varying modalities of delivery. Seeks out, accepts and applies feedback to improve training delivery and related activities.
- Stays current with trends and best practices in the field of education and training and with changes related to the business operations; Aligns training content with corporate strategies and objectives. Flags opportunities and shares best practices openly on a National team.
- Thorough follow up and attention to detail. Proactively manages administrative requirements, system upkeep, program maintenance and review of student generated assets by leveraging Outlook Calendar, SharePoint, Adobe Connect, @Walmart Learning and Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Canada Walmart DivisionHuman Resources
Minimum Education Required: College Certificate or Diploma Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 - 2 Years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Certification in Leadership Training Programs is an asset Experience in Radio Broadcasting or Sports Announcing are assets
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.