Product Manager, Search & Discovery
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Product Manager, Search & Discovery will be responsible for Walmart Canada’s product search and discovery across our digital portfolio. You will work with your global partners to define near and long term strategies to drive digital optimization, including customer experience and machine learning algorithms to present the right products to the customers throughout their user journey. As the product leader responsible to a key area in our customer’s’ shopping journey, you will need to be highly collaborative and effective in driving technical opportunities to meet business objectives. Top candidates will have an understanding of customer experience and data science, creating technology advancements to make shopping easier for Walmart customers.
- Provide thought leadership in product discovery and define the product roadmap for site search, item retrieval and other data-driven product ranking algorithms.
- Define and measure product discovery KPIs, and drive roadmap to continuously improve the digital customer experience
- Lead application engineers and architects to define and scope discovery projects, and align prioritization and timelines with business stakeholders
- Lead market and industry research on UX and machine learning paradigms
- Own agile backlog, including story creation, prioritization and delivery
- Use data-based decision methodologies to identify opportunities to drive technology solutions to achieve business goals.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree education, with Computer Science, Engineering and Data Science an asset
- MBA is an assetMinimum Years of Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required, including digital product management, and business planning
- 2+ years’ experience leading an agile team and applying agile methodologies
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Experience in web & app development environments, in areas of user experience and machine learning highly beneficial
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective communicator to present innovations to key Walmart leadersAccessibility
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.