Planner, Store Space - 6 Month Contract (Planner, Macro-Real Estate & Construction)
Position Summary...Planner, Store Space is responsible for incorporating the merchandise and operations strategies into each format and remodel project as aligned with the Senior Manager, Store Space, Format Leadership & Cross-Functional alignment. The Planner is responsible for drawing stores that are based on data to determine the most effective strategy to continue to drive sales and profit in each project.
What you'll do...
- In collaboration with Senior Manager, Store Space, and respective Design Managers, are responsible for drawing all format projects and remodels in particular the merchandise sales floor, back of house operations for Food and Front End leveraging the Standards depicted by each cross-functional team and Walmart Guiding Principles in CAD and/or REVIT.
- Each Planner is responsible for updating and maintaining the integrity of current floor plans in the system (Tririga) vs. in store including fixtures and counter locations through consultants or our operations team. Planners are responsible for maintaining file structures and version control of all drawings during end to end process of projects & remodels
- Leverage with the Senior Manager, Store Space, analysis on space analytics and utilize recommendations from Senior Managers to draw space across format projects and remodels. Identify additional or reduction requirements to space and work together with Senior Manager to gain approval cross-functional & leadership. Provide analysis recap of space changes in departments at linear and square footage that helps Senior Managers, Store Space build sales and gross margin forecasts.
- Work cross functionally with the Standards team, Store Operations, Format Development cross-functional planners to QC and conduct COEs on floor plans and resolve accuracy issues. Responsible for full QC process with format and remodel drawings amongst all planners to ensure drawings are delivered to the Design Execution team with high quality.
- Ability to built store based on demographics and analytics. Build relationships across the Format Development team including Design, Standards, Construction & Execution teams. Organize data, identify opportunities and summarize drawing analysis to be presented to the Director, Store Space & Leadership team across Format Development.
- 3 year minimum design / drawing experience (ideally within a grocery retailer or consultant)
- Presentation skills
- Technical Skills – Revit / CAD
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada